02 March 2011

Book #4: The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook

As I said in my last post I have been pretty busy, but over the past week I have been and have had some time to read more than I would have if I were working. I have been reading this book since the beginning of the year and should been done with it, so finally I am working on this post.







Now onto my review...

When I first started reading this book it was because I wanted to read it before I saw the movie, Social Network. because it had just come out in the movie theaters and I usually find a way to read the book of a movie before I see it in theaters (mainly because it's an unwritten rule of mine). As I started reading this book I couldn't believe how much they made Mark Zuckerberg look like such a scum bag, while he was in college at Harvard University. The image changes as the book goes, the author paints him as a hard working college entrepreneur trying to make some thing that could put him on the map on campus.

As the author states in the beginning of the book, there are spots where he is writing as if he was imagining what was going on. This was due to a lack of cooperation by all parties mentioned in the book, but we know who really didn't want to cooperate with this book and the movie. However, he does give you a good look into the life of Mark Zuckerburg and those with whom he worked with while in the process of developing thefacebook.com (the original Facebook), and finally arriving at the product we know today as Facebook.com.

While reading the this book, one can understand that story behind Facebook and how business can corrupt friendships, no matter how long they have existed. No matter how well you think you know someone you never really know how they may act while they are not around you and what they may think about you. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to know the story that inspired the movie about Facebook, Social Network.

No comments: