
Well for a long time a I have wanted to Read Charles Dickens' book "A Christmas Carol." I have seen the movie a number of times, whether it's Disney's version (with Jim Carrey), The Muppet version, or Mickey's version. I have liked every version of the movie I have seen and much like other moves that have been inspired by books, I wanted to see if it differed from the book and by how much.
So here is me review of this timeless book...
First of all, the movies are practically spot on in regards to the book. They follow the book exactly and don't differ from it at all. Well maybe in terms of the story line, but maybe in the words used by the narrator (when one was used) or in the worked used by the characters.
I thought that the book moved quite quickly and really enjoyed reading this book in the time leading up to Christmas (my goal was to read it before opening presents on Christmas day, which I was able to do).
Reading this book really got me in the Christmas spirit, even though I didn't finish until Christmas day. The way that Mr. Dickens wrote this book was just amazing and really made you feel as if you were a spirit following Mr. Scrooge and his "visitors" around as they showed Mr. Scrooge his past, present and future. This book really makes one think about their life and what they have done for those who are less fortunate that themselves. I really encourage anyone to read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment